No longer worry about finding the "real deal" authentic source for your Wild Crafted Sea moss! Our Sea moss is harvested from the pristine coast of little known St. Lucia. St. Lucia is far away from any oil spills, major ports or toxic oceans. Rest assure you are getting nature-intended essential minerals fresh to you from clean Caribbean waters.
What is Sea Moss/Irish Moss good/used for?
- 92 MINERALS!
Sea is most known for containing 92 out of the 102 minerals contained within the human body.
- Can help improve thyroid function
Sea moss can help to maintain healthy thyroid function as it contains high amounts of concentrated iodine, which the thyroid uses to make hormones. Our hormones help to regulate metabolism, digestion, and mood.
3. Great for Sexual Health
Sea Moss works as a natural aphrodisiac, helping to improve sex drive. It is also rich in Zinc, Vitamin E & Folate which helps with sperm production. Sea Moss can help to improve fertility in both males and females.
- Improves energy levels
Sea Moss may help in improving energy levels as it is high B vitamins. B vitamins help the body to effectively utilize the energy stored in the food we eat.
- Immunity booster/ Respiratory health
Sea Moss is rich in amino acids, vitamin C, antioxidants, antiviral and antimicrobial agents. These can help the body to fight off and prevent infections. Sea Moss is also a great expectorant meaning it helps to expel built-up mucus from the lungs which makes it good for healing coughs and other respiratory issues.
- Nourishes the skin.
Sea Moss gel can be used to soothe irritating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and burns. Sea Moss has been known as ‘nature's collagen’. Collagen is the protein that maintains smooth skin and silky hair.
- Improves mental/ emotional health
Sea moss is high in magnesium and potassium both of which are known for improving the mental state. Both minerals play a key role in brain function when the body is low on either this can lower our mood.
- Helps with weight loss
Because of the high mineral content of Sea Moss, it helps to create a feeling of fullness and works as an appetite suppressant. Daily Sea Moss intake is great if you are trying to lose weight!
- Helps with radiation poisoning
Sea Moss is rich in iodine. Iodine is said to help treat the effects of radiation poisoning.
- Joint & Bone health
Sea Moss High in Omega-3, Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin-K, all of which help to maintain healthy joints and bones. Sea moss also works as a powerful anti-inflammatory so it can be good for people suffering from joint issues.
How Can I Use Sea Moss?
- Drink Sea Moss gel daily, mix with water OR
- Use 1-2 tbsp. of Sea Moss gel in your favorite smoothie to give it a delicious creamy consistency
- Face Mask - Natures Collagen - Apply the gel directly to the face as a natural face mask - wash off after about 30 minutes
- Sea Moss gel can also be used as a Vegan Gelatin replacement
- Use in Soups, Stews, Curries etc.
How much Sea Moss Gel will I get from a 16oz. (1lb.) bag?
The whole bag will produce over 18 cups of Sea Moss Gel. You could even get as much as 19 cups depending on how much water you blend or cook it with.
What Does Sea Moss Taste Like?
Providing it has been prepared correctly and has been washed and rinsed prior to blending in to a gel, the Sea Moss is pretty much tasteless and shouldn't change the taste of any smoothie or food dish it is added to.
Where Does The Sea Moss Come From?
Our Sea Moss is Harvested by small scale aquaculture farmers in protected waters of St Lucia. These waters are fed nutrients from the nearby volcanic lands.
How to Prepare Sea Hugs Sea Moss Gel:
- Rinse a handful of Sea Hugs Sea Moss well and put in a container with enough water to cover it and soak for 12 - 24 hours. *NOTE: Our Sea Moss comes fresh to you from the ocean; thus, may contain ocean particles such as sand, minerals, salt, dirt, & ocean debris so be sure to RINSE THOROUGHLY. (You can also add a squeeze of lime or lemon juice while soaking to neutralize the sea moss taste)
- Remove Sea Hugs Sea Moss from water then place in a high-speed blender adding between 2 1/2 - 3 cups of spring or distilled water (you can also use coconut water).
- Blend until the Sea Moss is a smooth gel-like consistency.
- Pour the gel into a sealable glass jar and store in the fridge until use. Your Sea Hugs Sea Moss is now ready for use in your smoothies, tea, desserts, and facial masks!
- Add 1 - 2 tbsp. to your favorite smoothie to give it a delicious creamy consistency.
*The gel can be stored in a clean glass jar in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Tag us in your Sea Moss smoothies, facial masks, and desert creation pics! @seahugsseamoss and #seahugsseamoss!
** Have Questions? Contact Us
*Please note the listed health benefits of our products are subject to opinion and should not be taken as medical advice. Nutritional benefits may vary from one person to another. You should always consult with a medical professional before incorporating herbal remedies into your diet, particularly if you are taking medication, pregnant or breastfeeding. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.
Caution: Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in those with allergies to fish or shellfish.
* (Also called Irish Moss, Genus Gracilaria, Eucheuma Cottoni, and Chondrus Crispus)